Meeting Rooms for Hire – Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
Please, read carefully the following terms and conditions that will apply to the use of any meeting rooms which we agree to provide to you.
- Hire Charges
The hire charges are as set out on the website https://thepostofficeartcentre.co.uk/
- Use of rooms
The hirer shall not permit more than the maximum number of people specified to be in any meeting room at any time. The hirer must declare at the outset the purpose of the application and the room/s used for that purpose only.
The hirer, their staff, agents or visitors must not make or permit to be made any noise which may interfere with the use of other rooms within the building by other hirers, members of The Old PO Art & Therapy Centre staff or adjoining neighbours.
- Cleanliness and Breakages
The hirer must leave the premises in a clean and tidy condition. The hirer must indemnify the owners against any loss, thefts or damage however caused, during or in respect of the period of hire.
Food purchased from sources other than The Old PO Art & Therapy Centre must not be consumed on the premises.
- Third Parties
Applications or bookings on behalf of a third party must be declared at the time of the application or booking.
Third-parties, such as booking agents, can only be paid commission by prior agreement in writing.
All commissions are to be paid by us after the event/s by credit or debit card, on receipt of a valid VAT invoice.
Third parties making applications or bookings are responsible for the payment to us of all hire charges, fees and indemnifications mentioned in these terms and conditions.
- Applications / Requests for Hire
The Old PO Art & Therapy Centre reserves the right to refuse applications or requests for hire.
- Use of Premises
The hirer, staff, servants, agents and visitors must only use those meeting rooms which are specified in the hire arrangement. The hirer, staff, servants, agents and visitors must vacate the building by the time specified. The hirer shall indemnify The Old PO Art & Therapy Centre from and against any loss caused by the hirer, staff, servants, agents and visitors failing to vacate the building by the time specified.
The Old PO Art & Therapy Centre reserves the right to charge the hirer for the use of the premises should the hirer, staff, servants, agents or visitors fail to vacate the building by the time specified.
The hirer shall indemnify The Old PO Art & Therapy Centre from and against:
all claims demands, actions or proceedings in respect of the death or injury howsoever and whomsoever caused of or to any persons which shall occur or arise from any accident or occurrence which shall happen while such person is on or upon any part of the premises during the period of hire or in respect of any loss or damage suffered or sustained by any person in consequence of any such death or injury, all claims, demands, actions, or proceedings and any loss, damage or injury which may be brought against or suffered by the owners arising from or in consequence of the non-observance or non-performance of any of these Conditions of Hire or any act, neglect, default or omission of the hirer, his/her agents, servants or visitors, any claim under copyright law.
- Cancellation of Booking
- The Old PO Art & Therapy Centre reserves the right to cancel any booking. A minimum of 14 days notice will be given in the event of cancellation by The Old PO Art & Therapy Centre.
- Cancellation by the hirer within 14 days prior to the booking is liable to a 100% cancellation fee
- Cancellation in writing by the hirer in excess of 14 days prior to the booking is not subject to any cancellation fee or charge.
- On the day of hire the owners reserve the right to terminate the letting forthwith if, in their opinion the hirer, their staff, agents or visitors are in breach of any of the terms and conditions of hire. In that event the hirer, their servants, staff, agents or visitors are required to leave the premises immediately, taking with them their possessions and equipment. In the event of hire being terminated in such a manner, the owners will not be responsible for any claims, losses, actions or damages incurred by or on behalf of the hirer, their servants, staff, agents or visitors in respect of this termination. Nor will any hire charge be waived.
- Any cancellations by the hirer must be made in writing – this can be via email or post.
email : firstname.lastname@example.org
post : The Post Office, Prince Street, Blaenavon, – Pontypool (Torfaen ) NP4 9XA
- Filming and Photography
No filming or photography in the building without prior written permission from The Old PO Art & Therapy Centre.
When agreed in advance with The Old PO Art & Therapy Centre, fees must be paid within 7 days of the invoice being issued. On all other occasions the fees must be paid before the hirer uses the centre.
When making discretionary refunds The Old PO Art & Therapy Centre. reserves the right to withhold monies equivalent to any fees charged by a third party in respect of the refund and original payment. Third parties include, but are not limited to, credit card companies, banks, financial institutions and online payment systems.
- Public and Political Meetings
The hirer, their staff, agents or visitors must not allow a public or political meeting to take place in the building without prior written permission from The Old PO Art & Therapy Centre.
The hirer must not make or broadcast music without the express permission of the The Old PO Art & Therapy Centre. The hirer must in such cases organise directly with the Performing Rights Society or Mechanical Copyright Society or other bodies for any licence required for the use of copyright material.
- Exclusion of Third Party Rights
Each party confirms that no term of this Agreement is enforceable under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 by a person who is not a party to this Agreement.